le, with cloud computing, you can send files back and forth while working with colleagues, access your photos on your phone or computer, or even use programs like Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
Using the cloud means that the servers you’re using are not located in the exact physical location as you are; they’re accessible via the internet, making it more accessible and secure. Also, you can store your data and backup essential files in case of a disaster.
What Is a Cloud Computing service?
Cloud computing services allow users to rent out computing resources from anywhere in the world. These cloud servers run around the clock and power most of the internet we are using today.
Cloud computing services work by storing information in different locations known as “data centers.” A single data center may have thousands of networked computers, making these facilities very powerful. This also means that individual information stored in one place is then spread across multiple physical devices so that it’s not all stored in one place.
Cloud computing services offer many solutions, including disaster recovery, scalability, mobility, and flexibility.
What to Look for When Selecting a Cloud Computing Company
Cloud computing services aim to improve the overall performance of businesses in all aspects. They help you save money, boost security and maintain a high quality of service.
If you want to start using a cloud computing service, there are some features you should keep in mind.
When choosing a cloud computing company, you need to consider what you need the service to do. It’s important that you think about what problems you’re trying to solve. For example, if your business processes data in an inconsistent way, storing it in the cloud might make it easier for you to find and manipulate the data.
Also, it would be best if you kept in mind what your business model is and which features are essential and practical for your business. Although most cloud computing services offer similar services, you can check out their key features and decide which one can work best for your company.
Top Cloud Computing Services
1. AWS(Amazon Web Services) Cloud
AWS Cloud is one of the most used cloud computing services. Amazon Web Services is a cloud service provider that can be used independently. Also, AWS can be used together for a broader experience. Using AWS and Elastic Compute Cloud, you can create interactive solutions for your website.
- AWS has many use cases such as cloud migration, cloud operations, content delivery, database migrations, data lakes, analytics, edge computing, and front-end web & mobile development.
- Elastic Compute Cloud can be used by any industry, such as marketing, advertising, media, entertainment, retail, industrial, financial services, etc.
- You can use AWS’s Elastic Compute Cloud if your organization is an enterprise, startup, or public sector.
- Elastic Compute Cloud is easy to set up and adapt for beginners.
- Errors might occur in some data source integrations and underlying infrastructure.
- The call patterns in AWS Lambda might seem complex for some cloud users.
- It needs improvement in storing queries.
Pricing: It has different pricing solutions such as pay-as-you-go, save when you commit, and pay less by using more. You can contact the sales team for further details about pricing.
G2 Rating: 4.4/5
2. Google Cloud
Google Cloud allows you to unify data across your business with storage space. Google Cloud has an open and straightforward way that helps cloud users to bring their data together. Thanks to smart analytics and database solutions, Google Cloud Platform is among the most convenient cloud computing providers.
- Google Cloud is a user-friendly cloud-based service with a straightforward interface.
- It is one of the security-oriented cloud computing services. The level of security is essential in cloud computing services, and Google Cloud gives importance to this issue.
- Service offerings include smart analytics to have better insights into your data at any scale. Its artificial intelligence also simplifies analytics to cloud users.
- Some cloud users might find it a bit expensive.
- Tutorials and help documentation of Google Cloud Platform need to be improved and updated.
- Google Cloud’s dependence on a third party might not be ideal for some cloud users.
Pricing: Google Cloud has different pricing plans for different business models. You can contact the sales for detailed pricing information.
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
3. Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure offers virtual machines and storage accounts that are durable and highly available. It has scalable cloud storage and functional cloud servers as well. In addition, Microsoft Azure has many comprehensive services that can be used for different needs.
- Azure’s SQL database offers managed and clever SQL in the cloud application.
- Creating cloud applications for web and mobile becomes possible with its hybrid cloud services.
- It has a straightforward interface and makes the cloud application functional.
- It would be better if there were more room for Operating System support.
- Virtual machine console access has some drawbacks and deficiencies.
- More application platforms should be available.
Pricing: Pricing details may differ depending on different scenarios. Cloud users can contact the sales and calculate pricing for their cloud offerings and cloud environment.
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
4. IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud offers hybrid cloud management and cloud migration. It is open and managed cloud service.
- A data migration solution can enhance your data integrity. Also, you can increase the ROI of your business.
- IBM Cloud seamlessly integrates with many other platforms, which makes cloud computing functional.
- The queries might run slow sometimes for some cloud users.
- It might be a bit complex to use for beginners at first.
Pricing: Pricing plans may differ according to different cloud services. You can check out the IBM cloud cost estimator to calculate the pricing of a wide range of cloud technologies.
G2 Rating: 4.0/5
5. Oracle Cloud
Oracle Cloud is a hybrid cloud service that development teams and IT administrators can use. Oracle Cloud infrastructure offers many services and solutions as a cloud computing service.
- Oracle Cloud has a cloud backup and disaster recovery that makes your cloud safe and easy to manage if an error occurs.
- Oracle’s FastConnect feature allows you to build multi-cloud environments. Hybrid cloud and multi-cloud strategies of Oracle Cloud help cloud users to store their data practically.
- Its user interface is straightforward to use for beginners. Also, the level of security and fast querying is another advantage.
- It offers easy migration of the data for cloud users.
- According to some cloud users, customer support needs to be improved.
- It would be better if Oracle Cloud increased the storage capacity and data transfer speed.
- It might be a bit expensive.
Pricing: It has various pricing plans starting from $0.0980 per hour. You can contact the sales and learn more about the service pricing that fits your business needs.
G2 Rating: 4.0/5
6. Alibaba Cloud
Alibaba Cloud is a cloud computing service that can be used independently. If you prefer to use a service as a broader cloud computing service, you can choose this one. In addition, it offers hybrid cloud services as cloud business. Being one of the most used cloud computing companies, Alibaba has different solutions that can fit your business needs.